September 22, 2008

I'm Going to Elope

Not seriously, but I entertained the idea more than once this weekend.

My brother got married this weekend to a lovely girl (Mazel Tov to the new couple :-) ) and the weekend was actually very very good. R was with me the whole time, I attempted to read papers for school, but upon finding out my workload was going to be significantly lighter than I thought it would be this week (Yay!!!), I promptly abandoned them in favor of sleep, and J got married.

Shabbos was nice too, (time spent with R + good food) x my extended family liking her = better than I expected the weekend to go. To be clear, I knew the fam would like R, but the food was a pleasant surprise.

The newlyweds look thrilled. And they can hold hands!!!! In our spare moments, R & I joked that that was the express purpose of the entire weekend--okay, half-joked.

There was one slight problem. We flew early. Early is murder. On the plus side, I have actually identified THE ungodly hour. It's 5 AM. Don't believe me? YOU try waking up then and see how you like it. Friday's flight in was a 6:30 AM flight, so naturally I didn't finish with class until about 10 PM, got annoyed with a fellow classmate and decided to head to the bar for a Duvel to calm me down. I stepped back into the house at around 10:45 PM, only to start laundry, finish laundry, pack, shower, look up and see that I have to leave for the airport in 15 minutes.

Today was better. Today I got to go to sleep at 2 AM and then wake up at 5 AM. I set three alarms and only woke up after R knocked on my door at 5:15 AM. She's clearly better than me, but at least she's patient enough to help me out.

So I'm eloping because it seems easier than asking some poor schmo and his patient and loving girlfriend (I assume there's someone like us at any wedding) to get up at ungodly hours to come and watch us hold hands. If you've seen us already, then it won't be anything new anyway.

I wonder if there's a Jewish synagogue in the Galapagos....

2 comments:

DF said...

"If you've seen us already, then it won't be anything new anyway."

Unfortunately for us, this is true.

Viv said...

nooo!!! i want to go to a WEDDING!!!